Rodri and Bernardo Silva approach key landmarks – Wolves vs Manchester City Stat Preview (Premier League)
Having picked up 23 points from a possible 27 in their last nine Premier League games, Manchester City are currently in pole position to retain their title, and victory in the West Midlands would go a long way to securing their fourth league crown in five years.
The Sky Blues need seven points from their three remaining matches to ensure the title stays in Manchester, and with that Pep Guardiola will know that anything less than a win against Bruno Lage’s side will be a knockout blow. tough for City’s title hopes.
Wolves currently occupy 8and place in the Premier League table with 50 points, however, despite winning just one of their previous six matches, Bruno Lage’s side remain in a position to qualify for European football next season if the results are good – and provided Wolves win each of their remaining fixtures.
Because of this, it is plausible to expect Wolves to put on a spirited performance in the hope of reaching European football again, and Manchester City may need to be at their best to avoid a mistake at the Molineux. .
Ahead of Wednesday’s clash against Wolves, City Xtra takes a look at some interesting and notable statistics.
- Wolves’ xGC this season is 51.1, however, the West Midlands side have conceded just 34 goals.
- Raul Jimenez is Wolves’ top scorer in the Premier League this season – 6.
- Jose SaThis season’s save percentage of 82.5% is comfortably the highest in the Premier League this season.
- Throughout the current Premier League season, only Pontus Jansson (176), James Tarkowski (174) and Grant Hanley (160) have made more clearances than Romain Sass – 149.
- Only Norwich City (344) have taken fewer shots than Wolves this season (371).
- Phil Foden has recorded 34 successful crosses this season – the most among Manchester City players.
- In all competitions, this campaign, Riyadh Mahrez averages one goal contribution every 84 minutes.
- No Manchester City player has created more big chances this season than Kevin De Bruyne – 14.
- Manchester City’s passing accuracy of 90% is the highest in the division this term.
Scroll to continue
- Joao Cancelo attempted 74 shots in the Premier League this season but only found the back of the net once.
- No Premier League player has managed more assists this season than Aymeric Laporte – 2551.
- Aymeric LaporteThe pass completion percentage of 95% is not bettered by any Premier League player this term (who completed more than 25 passes).
- In the English top flight, only Christian Norgaard (60), Marc Cucurella (57), John McGinn (56) and Stuart Dallas (55) have won more tackles than Joao Cancelo this season – 53.
- Manchester City have beaten Wolves in each of the previous three encounters.
- Pep Guardiola has won 62.5% of his meetings with Wolves.
- Since Pep Guardiola took charge of Sky Blues in the summer of 2016, Manchester City have only dropped points for Wolves in games that on loan Adama Traore has featured.
- Rodri will do his 100and appearance for Manchester City in the Premier League, should he feature in Wednesday’s game.
- Bernardo Silva is just two goals shy of 50 as a Manchester City player.
- Phil Foden is one goal shy of 25 Premier League goals.
- Ilkay Gundogan is three goals from 50 in a Manchester City shirt.
- Wolves v Manchester City will score Pep Guardiola350th game as Sky Blues boss.
Follow City Xtra on social media: Twitter | instagram | Facebook | Youtube